Conference Presentations Writing Course
Medicine and Healthcare
Giving conference presentations is a great way to share your findings and increase your standing in the community. In this course, work through the 7C’s framework to prepare a logical, interesting presentation.
Learn many valuable tips and cautions for writing your slides, scripts or notes, and potential Q&A responses.
About This Course
Focus of study
In this course, you’ll learn many practical tips to help you give clear and authoritative conference presentations in English. For example, we cover how to create slides that support your spoken message (rather than detract from it) and how to deliver your spoken message clearly and confidently (no matter what your proficiency in spoken English is).
The areas covered in the course include
- Understanding the 5 main characteristics of visually clear and meaningful slides in English
- Helping the audience remember your take-home message
- Following 10 simple tips to create slides that reflect your authority and competence in your field
- Recognizing and using standard words and phrases that help you (i) gain attention to emphasize important points and (ii) pinpoint exactly what part of a slide you are referring to
- Preparing effective notes (that match your level of proficiency in English) to support your presentation of the slides
- Practicing some helpful phrases (that match your level of proficiency in English) to support your answers during Q&A
Also download the Checklist for Writing Clear and Authoritative Slides for Presentations and other resources for future reference.
Just connect to the internet via any device (ie, a desktop PC, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone) whenever you want to study. All study units are divided into short 10- to 15-minute segments to accommodate your busy schedule. Pause and resume your learning whenever you want; if you stop in the middle of a unit, you can continue from exactly the same place if you resume studying on the same device.
Study every unit in full or focus on particular areas that you wish to know more about. The Roadmap for each unit lets you see the unit goals and main study points at a glance, and you can move freely among the teaching points as you wish.
Each unit in this course contains optional exercises, practice quizzes, and a unit test. Download a certificate of study completion when you pass the unit test to document your learning.
Format of study
- 2 individual study units
- Approximately 3 hours of study
- Optional study unit tests and certificates of completion
- Downloadable Checklist for Writing Clear and Authoritative Slides for Presentations and resource sheets for future reference
- 1 month’s access to all course materials
This writing course contains:
- Tips, cautions, and other important information that professionals in medicine and healthcare should know when writing conference presentations
- Detailed examples, self-check quizzes, and tests using real medical English
- Resources to download for future use: Checklist for Writing Clear and Authoritative Slides for Presentations and example sentences
Purchase this writing course
Price: 3,500 JPY (10% consumption tax to be added for residents of Japan)
Duration of access: 1 month
For groups and institutions